Tuesday, March 3, 2009

pillow talk and soul man


i honestly could just eat my kids with a spoon some days. others, well...lets not go there. but here are are some examples of those days that just melt your heart....


every night, noah likes for me to lay in his bed with him as he falls asleep. its very sweet, although sometimes, i try to rush just so i can get downstairs to have some peace and quiet. one night, i was laying with him, and he drifted off, so i headed to my recliner for some reality tv therapy. it wasnt too long after i got settled, that i heard noah's little voice on the monitor. irritate that he wasnt asleep, i marched upstairs and went into his room...here's how the conversation went:


"Noah, whats the problem?"

"Lay with me Mommy"

(sigh) "Ok, but only for a minute"

"Mommy...where's daddy?"

"At the gym"

"Where's Sundae?"

"Asleep"

"Is she in her kennel?"

"No, she is on the couch"

"Mommy...where's Drewie?"

"Asleep in his bed"

"Mommy....I thank God for you"

"I thank God for you too...I love you!"


needless to say, i was a puddle. i think i snuggled with him for a good 30 mins...


now drew...everyday, i tell him the same thing..."Drew-take your shoes off and hang up your jacket" i repeat this everyday....at least 3 times before he actually does it. On this particular day, Drew walked right in, and took his shoes off, and hung up his jacket. I just stood there in awe. i didn't even have to ask him to do it! so, i said to him...."thanks drew for putting your shoes and jacket away". he looks at me, and with out missing a beat he said "your welcome, i'm just a good person." he cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment